Pro and Premier Enhancements
- One user can create an invoice while another user is running a report
- QuickBooks Messenger allows for instant communication between users
- Back-up data in multi-user mode
- On one screen you can see income and expenses, customer balances and reminders
On line Banking is improved for your banking and credit card downloads
QuickBooks 2009 now supports most global currencies, converting foreign transactions into the home currency designated by the user.
QuickBooks for MAC Improvements
- Customer, Vendor and Transaction centers
- Company snapshot screen shows income, expenses, customer balances and reminders
- Improved on-line banking capability
Improved Batch e-mail for invoicing, etc.
- iCal Integration so you are less apt to miss deadlines or payments
- Improved Leopard Operating System features like Spotlight and Coverview
- QuickBooks now supports numbers up to 11 digits (2008 supported 8 digits).
- You can save time and reduce data entry errors by downloading invoices, sales orders and estimates created by employees or sales reps (who do not have access to QuickBooks) in Adobe PDF Form Templates.
- 2009 products have the highest Microsoft Vista certification for better performance
This is just a brief overview of some of the new or improved features to QuickBooks 2009. If you have questions regarding some of the new features and how they can benefit your business, please contact our office.
We recommend upgrading your QuickBooks software every two years. If your last version is 2007 or earlier, purchase the 2009 software (on this website) that best meets your needs.
As the year-end approaches, the following items need to be considered:
- Order your year-end forms (W-2’s, W4’s, 1099’s, etc.). If you plan ahead, most forms can be obtained for free through the IRS website. However you will need to order the envelopes for mailing through your office supply vendor.
- Review your financial statements to insure that items such as accumulated depreciation, loan balances, Owner’s Equity, etc. are correct. Only close the year AFTER all year-end adjustments have been made, and make sure to use the closing password so that changes cannot be made to 2008 after it is closed. Make a year-end back up!
- Before mid-December, meet with your CPA to discuss year-end tax planning and review your company’s financial position.
- If the automobile you use is a Corporate vehicle, calculate the amount of use that was personal for tax purposes.
If you need assistance with any of the above issues, we are available to assist you.